Translating Visopsys OS

General discussion about Visopsys.
fosforito

Re: Translating Visopsys OS

Post by fosforito »

Hello again. I had some problems with my OS('s) because I made some stupid things like formatting important harddisk partitions with the Visopsys installation program :oops:
The only thing I lost were the recently into spanish translated files sent from Andy in this topic :O ...backups...

Ok. I made now three packages. The first named "src_programs_es" is for Espectralll and the other named "es" for apOr ;)
I will continue translating the other programs to german.

The files in 'src_programs_es' have some german translations I started and they are all in one folder.
The files in 'es' are splitted into various subdirectories - the same like attached by Andy, only that I renamed the "de" to "es" directories.

Greetings

Jens W.
Attachments
es.rar
For apOr ;)
(31.49 KiB) Downloaded 972 times
src_programs_es.rar
For Espectralll ;)
(30.15 KiB) Downloaded 978 times
fosforito

Post by fosforito »

When you finish, you can send me the files per email jenswagner20@ovi.com and I will then merge the directories and send them to Andy. I can make a topic requesting translation help for other languages in the forums of the sourceforge "forge" project. Maybe someone will make a translation in chinese... :D
andymc

Post by andymc »

I'm glad to see this is progressing so well :dance:

When you guys are happy with the result, I'll work to integrate everything into the source repository.

After that, we can decide whether we'd like to have separate binary downloads (ISOs, etc) for each language, or add some kind of runtime language selection.
espectalll123

Post by espectalll123 »

fosforito wrote:
espectalll123 wrote:Here a Spanish translator! I can work with fosforito, as he's from Bolivia and I'm from Spain, we can do together a standard translation, then he can put it together in BO (or MX or something like that!), and I can do the ES one.

P. S.: Long time no see!
Hello Espectalll,

I'm German and I live in Paraguay - not Bolivia.... :D
I know, I'm a genius... :dance:
fosforito wrote:Ok. I made now three packages. The first named "src_programs_es" is for Espectralll and the other named "es" for apOr ;)
I will continue translating the other programs to german.
Ok, let's get to work! :D
espectalll123, making dreams work!
espectalll123

Post by espectalll123 »

Alright, so the first thing to do is to get a running VM with the latest Visopsys so I can know what I'm translating...

...oh Visopsys, you're so lovely. And buggy.

Basically, it becomes frozen every single time I boot, no matter if I change the HDD, graphics card, network, mouse, sound, CPU or virtualization settings. That's great...
andymc

Post by andymc »

Err, yeah, sorry. I think it doesn't work so well with VirtualBox at the moment. There seems to be an issue initializing the RTC (real-time clock) which is weird, because I wrote that so many years ago and never had a problem with it...

I do all my development with VMware, and real systems, if that helps :oops:
espectalll123

Post by espectalll123 »

Well, this time I installed VMware Player and it works perfectly, so don't worry :)
espectalll123

Post by espectalll123 »

In first place, I've just fixed the Spanish keyboard, because the € was in the wrong place, exactly where the ñ is supposed to be. If you want, I can send you the patched thing (ES_ES.map).

Also, I got the source code to start translating and compiling. Wish me luck!
andymc

Post by andymc »

espectalll123 wrote:In first place, I've just fixed the Spanish keyboard, because the € was in the wrong place, exactly where the ñ is supposed to be. If you want, I can send you the patched thing (ES_ES.map).
Great, thanks. Maybe you can just post it here as an attachment?
espectalll123

Post by espectalll123 »

andymc wrote:
espectalll123 wrote:In first place, I've just fixed the Spanish keyboard, because the € was in the wrong place, exactly where the ñ is supposed to be. If you want, I can send you the patched thing (ES_ES.map).
Great, thanks. Maybe you can just post it here as an attachment?
Hope it's not damaged (used a .img virtual floppy to copy it), but here it is :D
Attachments
ES_ES.map.tar.gz
Spanish keymap (patched)
(371 Bytes) Downloaded 993 times