Visopsys 0.7 released

General discussion about Visopsys.
andymc

Visopsys 0.7 released

Post by andymc »

Visopsys 0.7 has been released: http://freshmeat.net/projects/visopsys/releases/328454.

The ISO, floppy image, and source downloads are available here: http://visopsys.org/download/index.php

There's a detailed change log here: http://visopsys.org/download/changelog.php

Here's the summary:
More than four years in the making, this is a major new release offering an updated look and a number of new features, including JPEG image support, image resizing, 64-bit disk support, UDF (DVD) filesystem support, and GPT partition table support, as well as lots of new icons, wallpaper images, and file browsing functionality. New administrative applications and functionality have been added, and the ATA/IDE driver has been enhanced, including the ability to better support backwards-compatible SATA controllers. FPU context saving has been improved, and a number of tweaks and bug fixes are also included.
osmiumusa

Re: Visopsys 0.7 released

Post by osmiumusa »

The mouse seems to snap in the top left corner as soon as i give Qemu the mouse.
When I build it it seems to fail after kernel initialization like you said. Any ideas?
Lemons. :) Nobody doesn't like lemons!
andymc

Post by andymc »

osmiumusa wrote:The mouse seems to snap in the top left corner as soon as i give Qemu the mouse.
When I build it it seems to fail after kernel initialization like you said. Any ideas?
My first idea is don't use Ubuntu as a development environment.

I've been using it to try and solve problems for you, and I can't say I'm a fan.

I got the latest VirtualBox that's available (4.0) running on Ubuntu, and it can't even start the kernel, so I gave up on that.

I guess I could try Qemu, but honestly I'm not interested in spending much more energy trying to figure out why Ubuntu makes things broken...
osmiumusa

Post by osmiumusa »

I understand. I'll try to install centos and get that sorted out. Thank you for all of your help.

Update: centos works beautifully. Problem solved!
Lemons. :) Nobody doesn't like lemons!
acarnevali

Post by acarnevali »

J have installed for first time Visopsys 0,7, but I do not know id and password, Help me !!
Thanks
andymc

Post by andymc »

Hello,

Did you install Visopsys using the built-in installer (like from the live CD?)

Normally it will ask you to set the password for the account 'admin', but it seems like there's a little bug in the program which causes it to skip past that dialog box :doh:. If that happens, then the 'admin' account will have an empty password (just hit enter)

Andy