General discussion about Visopsys.
andymc

Visopsys 0.71 released

Post by andymc »

Available here on the download page:
http://visopsys.org/download/index.php

The changelog is here:
http://visopsys.org/download/changelog.php
Overview: The bulk of this release consists of general bug fixes, and improvements to hardware detection and device drivers, with particular focus on USB. New features include the ability to boot from a USB device (a new USB image is available for download) and the ability to power down the system.
:teasing-blah: :text-thankyoublue: :occasion-happyhalloween:
osmiumusa

Re: Visopsys 0.71 released

Post by osmiumusa »

This release is great. I like the shutdown and what seems to be faster graphics that don't tear.
Lemons. :) Nobody doesn't like lemons!
El_Matador

Post by El_Matador »

New features include the ability to boot from a USB device (a new USB image is available for download) and the ability to power down the system.
:text-goodpost:

No problems so far.

PS: is there any difference between the .iso(6.5M) and the usb .img(1.8M)?
++++++++++[>+++++++<-]>++.<+++[>++<-]>+.<++[>--<-]>+.<+++[>---<-]>--.
espectalll123

Post by espectalll123 »

Congratulations for the 0.71! :)
espectalll123, making dreams work!
andymc

Post by andymc »

osmiumusa wrote:This release is great. I like the shutdown and what seems to be faster graphics that don't tear.
Thanks guys! Sorry I've been quiet these last couple of weeks - I've been away on holiday in the jungles of SE Asia and didn't have much internet access
El_Matador wrote:PS: is there any difference between the .iso(6.5M) and the usb .img(1.8M)?
The USB .img file is a full-disk image with an MBR, partition table, active partition, etc. It's designed to be written directly to a USB stick in 'raw' mode
espectalll123 wrote:Congratulations for the 0.71! :)
Cheers!
Andy
djohnston

Post by djohnston »

Hey, Andy,

Just wanted to let you know I wrote a short review of Visopsys 0.71. You can find the article here.
andymc

Post by andymc »

Hi Darrel,

Thanks so much for doing that, and all the effort you put into it. I'm very grateful.

I've linked to it on our News page http://visopsys.org/about/news.php

One small correction; my primary focus is definitely on the operating system itself. Partition Logic is, in fact, just a different configuration of the OS. It's true however that the 'Disk Manager' application (AKA the functionality of Partition Logic) is the only application that's received any real focus. I view Partition Logic as a way to make this niche/hobby OS useful to (and used by) larger numbers of people. In that respect it's been very very successful :D

Andy