Translating Visopsys OS

General discussion about Visopsys.
andymc

Re: Translating Visopsys OS

Post by andymc »

Hi there,

If you download the source code, you will find that each translatable .c file has an associated .pot file, which is an empty translation file. When the strings have been translated, they get saved as .po file in a language-specific subdirectory. For example

src/programs/foo.c (source code)
src/programs/foo.pot (empty translation template)
src/programs/pl/foo.po (translated to Polish)

And you can submit the .po files back to us for inclusion in the package. Hope that makes sense.
andymc

Post by andymc »

We'll need to add ISO-8859-2 for you, so things can display properly. When you have translations ready, I can sort out the keyboard mapping and font stuff.
VDanS

Post by VDanS »

What about Polish Language? I can help you guys to translate to polish as well free of charge. That would be nice for my polish friends.
Liss

Post by Liss »

Hi, Andy. Can you send me new PO files to modify translate for new version? Liss21@yandex.ru
andymc

Post by andymc »

Liss wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:38 am Hi, Andy. Can you send me new PO files to modify translate for new version? Liss21@yandex.ru
Will do Liss. I'll generate the PO files as one of the final steps. I'm planning to switch everything over to UTF-8 with 0.9, which mostly only affects the fonts though - with the PO files it's as simple as choosing the 'save as' format.