Translating Visopsys OS

General discussion about Visopsys.
ap0r

Re: Translating Visopsys OS

Post by ap0r »

That's why i have 3 HDD's... one for OS and 2 mirrored data drives... It has saved my neck on one ocassion and eventually will do so again :P
Liss

Post by Liss »

On the wave of enthusiasm restored from scratch about 40% of the translation. Hopefully over the weekend I will complete residues.
andymc

Post by andymc »

Great! From tragedy :violin: to triumph :dance:
ivan

Post by ivan »

Liss wrote:Guys, my hard drive said meow, and died. With everything that I have translated. :angry-banghead:
I'm sorry, I know this feeling. A few years ago my hard drive died losing a lot of data that had not backup. I learned the lesson. from that day, I always make backups on DVD and USB pendrive.
Liss wrote:On the wave of enthusiasm restored from scratch about 40% of the translation. Hopefully over the weekend I will complete residues.
That's the spirit! This time, remember to make a backup as a prevention ;)
Thanks for your work.
Liss

Post by Liss »

Hi, all!
Unfortunately, in October, I came down with a serious illness - mediastinitis. According to the doctors could not survive until the end of December. But everything behind and I recover.

So, I share yet unfinished translation, for testing purposes. Andy, please try it, and if you do not complicate, share a link to an image with the translation.
Attachments
Russian_Translation.zip
(94.73 KiB) Downloaded 1071 times
andymc

Post by andymc »

I can't imagine how frightening that must have been, Liss. I'm glad you're still with us!

A partial translation is still useful - better than no translation :) Thank you!
doga-1494

Post by doga-1494 »

i started working on Turkish translation :violin:
andymc

Post by andymc »

Great, I've added a new codepage/font system (supports more than just ISO 8859-15) for release in 0.8, which will make it better for you Russian and Turkish guys :-)
doga-1494

Post by doga-1494 »

andymc wrote:Great, I've added a new codepage/font system (supports more than just ISO 8859-15) for release in 0.8, which will make it better for you Russian and Turkish guys :-)
20150328_005630.jpg
Andy, that's really really AWESOME.
I really liked it.

I only need "ı,İ,ş,Ş,ğ,Ğ" letters, Turkish also has "ç,Ç,ü,Ü,Ö,ö" but most probably those were included with other languages.

My translations are ready, except wrong turkish letters(i simply changed them for example i used "i" for "ı")
and fdisk (lol 35 kb , huge translation file :D i'm gonna translate it soon )

i'm waiting for v0.8 to make it complete.
also i have keyboard layout problem, im gonna focus on that tomorrow.

Here is zip of current translations :
tr_TR-forVISOPSYS.tar.gz
Turkish translation v0.1 for visopsys
(21.12 KiB) Downloaded 1063 times
i will let you know when i updated my translations

EDIT : Turkish flag looks blue (most probably because of gimp) could you change it to red when you got the translation tar.gz file, i still can't set the image properties correctly when i want to add an image into visopsys.
Liss

Post by Liss »

I did it! Completion is about 97%. Not translated some specific strings at telnet and fontutil. Andy, can you integrate translate to system and give me image? I want to take out mistakes in translate.
Attachments
Russian_Translation.zip
(240.72 KiB) Downloaded 1027 times