Introduce Yourself

General discussion about Visopsys.
Liss

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Liss »

Andy, great singing. We have such an idiom - "Zashibis." It best conveys the feeling. It roughly means "damn good" but much better. :)
So this clip is Zashibis :)
Liss

Post by Liss »

What about me ... I can say I live in a small town in Siberia. I work as a technician in the electronics store. Repairs, warranty, etc.
More recently fond alternative OS and old hardware. (The cabinet is fully working my first computer with a Siemens 80286)
As already mentioned on our program absolutely can not, so I try to help the project than I can. Such as translation.
I`m 28 yo. Divorced. I have a son, 3 yo.
Attachments
GKJAFG5Tbzc.jpg
ivan

Post by ivan »

Hi Liss, you have a very nice son. :D I live in Catalonia, Spain, in a little village at 90 km of Barcelona.

I'm sure that this project can taking profit from someone that have electronic skills like you. I'm currently studying computer engineering. In fact, I have only finish my graduation project (a multiplayer game developed with C++ and SFML library for Windows and Linux platforms).

Have you tried to use the Visopsys OS in real hardware?

Best regards.
ronaldlees

Post by ronaldlees »

I see a good bunch of new families on the forum. And great pics! My family is not new by any means. I worked most of my adult life as a computer programmer, having written my first pascal program in 1981. I have four daughters - and a grandson. Also - I've flown private planes (with help), took one instruction flight with a commercial instructor, and got to practice on a big Cherokee (360 maybe?). No license though. Probably too old to get one LOL ...
ron_c

Post by ron_c »

Hi, my name is Ron and I just discovered visopsys and I am thrilled. Finally a fast multi-tasking o.s. that will fit on a floppy. I have been a computer geek since the early 80's and I collect old ms-dos programs and programming languages. I have studied assembly, basic, forth and the c programming languages and have always had a fascination with operating systems. I have studied and set up minix 2.02 recently, I was intrigued by this version because it could be started for the dos prompt. So far I have just started visopsys under vm ware on my mac but I will be trying it out on a variety of little industrial pc's that I have. This is very exciting to me and it looks like a lot of fun and studying how it all works and how to use visopsys will be a great way to study programming and improve my skills.
andymc

Post by andymc »

ron_c wrote:Hi, my name is Ron and I just discovered visopsys and I am thrilled.
Thanks Ron! And, welcome
ron_c wrote:I have studied assembly, basic, forth and the c programming languages and have always had a fascination with operating systems.
Me too :P It was a required class at Uni, but it unexpectedly fired my imagination. All of the nuts and bolts underpinning things seemed more interesting to me than writing applications.
Leency

Post by Leency »

Hello,

My name is Kiril, I am also known as Leency.
I made icons for Vysopsys in year 2006.

After that I had a long history in KolibriOS as a UI/UX designer and developer http://aspero.pro/kolibri.html (sorry, no English version, please use Chrome build in page translator).

One guy named liss21 who made Russian translation of Vysopsys asked me to help there.
So I was wondering to port some of my apps to Vysopsys. At least Games.

Well, I checked the forum and I see that it is possible to build only in Linux :( so sad that I dedicated Windows (and KolibriOS :) ) user.
I need to think what to do. Maybe configure dualboot on my Laptop.
Attachments
tFcQh2l.jpg
Liss

Post by Liss »

Добро пожаловать еще раз, Кирилл :)
Думаю твоя помощь будет очень востребованной :)
andymc

Post by andymc »

Leency wrote:My name is Kiril, I am also known as Leency.
I made icons for Vysopsys in year 2006.
Welcome back, Leency!
Leency wrote:One guy named liss21 who made Russian translation of Vysopsys asked me to help there.
So I was wondering to port some of my apps to Vysopsys. At least Games.
Sounds great :-)
Leency wrote:Well, I checked the forum and I see that it is possible to build only in Linux :( so sad that I dedicated Windows (and KolibriOS :) ) user.
I need to think what to do. Maybe configure dualboot on my Laptop.
I think a virtual machine would be a lot easier.

Once upon a time, many years ago, I used to build the earliest versions of Visopsys in Windows, but I found that Linux is (was?) much better at doing the things I needed to do.
hansencomputers

Post by hansencomputers »

Hello All,
Just here to say HI. I have interests in alternative operating systems, and the open source world. My choice for OS on my PC is Linux Mint, and have used it many years. That being said I've also tried other OS options experimentally, and have first played with VisOpSys since about 2013.

My day job is in the field of Printed Electronics, and evening and weekends I do freelance computer repair, mostly broken or infected Windows 7-10 (though I have successfully steered numerous users away from Windows and into Linux, with only rare needs to correct their problems).

I'm not a programmer or otherwise trained IT professional, I have my side business through self-taught expertise. This year I intend to start teaching myself Python... but it's off to a slow start due to an oppressive work schedule :x

Looking forward to following Visopsys a bit more closely now. I find it fascinating and hope to help in some way in the future.