Introduce Yourself

General discussion about Visopsys.
andymc

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by andymc »

Hi there hansencomputers, welcome!

I also use Linux Mint as my main desktop+development OS, and now so does my not-really-techy wife, after she had a go with Win10 on her new laptop, and asked me for Linux instead. :lol: She mostly likes the switch.

The Mrs. dabbled in a bit of programming recently; she enjoyed using CodeAcademy for learning. She was doing PHP, Javascript, and Java there. I think she said they have a Python course.

Andy
hansencomputers

Post by hansencomputers »

Hi Andy,
My Wife has been on Mint since about ver. 9, and she'll never switch back to Windows. In my little town I have about 20 Mint users, they are easier to support than Windows users.

Are you also a private pilot? I was looking over some of the introduction posts and thought that was the case.

Not sure if I can ever be much help with your OS, but I'll try, and of course testing is something I can take part in.

MH
andymc

Post by andymc »

hansencomputers wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:33 pm Are you also a private pilot? I was looking over some of the introduction posts and thought that was the case.
Yes, I earned a private license back in the day, but I haven't done much flying since I moved to the UK 16 years ago - just the odd one at a flight school, with an instructor. I'm not current. It's much more expensive here, and I've got more responsibilities nowadays :violin:

Do you fly? Ap0r does, seems like.
hansencomputers wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:33 pm Not sure if I can ever be much help with your OS, but I'll try, and of course testing is something I can take part in.
Yes, just testing and making suggestions is helpful. Suggesting new icons, background images, colour schemes even. I usually like to give the 'bigger' releases a bit of a new look, though usually not anything drastic.
hansencomputers

Post by hansencomputers »

Hi Andy,
Back in the early 90's I was taking the lessons, finished the 2nd cross-country solo, but (sadly) never continued from there. Got married, and work got super busy. Still love to fly, but it has been about 15 years since I was at the controls. I had an opportunity to fly a Piper Navajo when I chartered a flight for myself (for business) and a former instructor was my pilot. Once we were en route, I was given the chance to operate the plane. No take off or landing, etc. Nevertheless.... a memorable experience.

I've been following the VisOpSys progress for a while. Would love to have some hand in future progress. I'll keep in-touch, maybe try commenting on the forum, etc.

Thanks for the personal feedback.