Introduce Yourself

General discussion about Visopsys.
ivan

Introduce Yourself

Post by ivan »

Welcome to the Visual Operating System forums. Please take a moment and introduce yourself to the Visopsys community.
Last edited by ivan on Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ivan

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by ivan »

First of all, I’ve been watching the forum and have seen that doesn’t exist a topic where the new users can be presented, and I created this.

Hello everyone!! My name is Ivan, a spanish IT geek who enjoys learning new technologies and using computer systems, especially developing applications and games.

For a few days, I have been testing some alternative open source operating systems like Haiku OS, Syllable, MenuetOS, KolibriOS or Visopsys. After testing them, I liked the Visopsys system and here I am. :)

Although still very basic and has only few features, it is amazing that only one person has developed all. I think it has great potential. Congratulations Andrew McLaughlin, you did a great job. And thanks for sharing with everyone. I'm sure I can learn a lot from you and other users of this forum.

I have some doubts and questions, but first I’m going to read all the topics on the forum to learn more about this great system. :clap:
ap0r

Post by ap0r »

Hello Ivan! And Welcome!

My name is ap0r (duh) hahaha, and i'm a 23 year old guy that likes to tinker with computers. I own a small computer repair shop, and i also love airplanes and to fly. As of the time of this post, i have a Private Pilot's license, and i am building experience towards a Commercial Pilot license.

This pic is just a higher resolution version of my avatar. Yes that's an open window. No it's not dangerous.

ivan

Post by ivan »

Hi ap0r, thank you. Flying a plane must give great sense of freedom, enjoy it and good luck with your commercial pilot license. I hope that you obtain soon. fly alone?
ap0r

Post by ap0r »

It is the greatest thrill! And not happening soon, it's at least 2/3 years away depending on money :) I do fly solo or with friends ;)
andymc

Post by andymc »

ivan wrote:Although still very basic and has only few features, it is amazing that only one person has developed all. I think it has great potential. Congratulations Andrew McLaughlin, you did a great job. And thanks for sharing with everyone. I'm sure I can learn a lot from you and other users of this forum.
Thanks very much mate. I've had some help from the guys around here.

OK, I'll play. Here's some video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTP0MgZ4G4s
Attachments
1079104_10201538610089575_482399294_o.jpg
andymc

Post by andymc »

ap0r wrote:i also love airplanes and to fly. As of the time of this post, i have a Private Pilot's license, and i am building experience towards a Commercial Pilot license.
Do you have your own plane, ap0r?

I have a PPL as well, but I don't do it much since I moved to the UK 11 years ago. Too expensive. I keep thinking about buying a share of a plane and starting up again.

I learned to fly in Canada, and got my US license when I lived there, and I used to fly around the Boston area (Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard, Cape Cod, places like that).
ap0r

Post by ap0r »

Nice Andy! I rent a C-150 from my local flying club. It is expensive, but ownership is even more costly! The advantages of ownership start when you fly more than 300 hours/year... anything below that and you're wasting money on hangar, insurance, periodic maintenance etc (all your "not hourly" or fixed costs).

I have the great advantage of being single and no kids, so i can pour much more money into flying that i would otherwise. You gotta get back on the air man! Go get your medical and join your nearest aeroclub!

Keep the greasy side down and the shiny side up!
ivan

Post by ivan »

andymc wrote: OK, I'll play. Here's some video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTP0MgZ4G4s
Cool song, It sounds great! and the most important, the videoclip girl it's so hot :lol:
andymc

Post by andymc »

ivan wrote:
andymc wrote: OK, I'll play. Here's some video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTP0MgZ4G4s
Cool song, It sounds great! and the most important, the videoclip girl it's so hot :lol:
Thanks again :P Yeah, Kate's a hottie. She seems like a really lovely person, too. She has long hair now and it looks great on her.