From the change log (https://visopsys.org/download/change-log/):
Overview: This maintenance release fixes RAM disk boot support, adds sparse file support to the EXT filesystem driver, and updates various build-related things.
- Added support for sparse files to the EXT filesystem driver.
- Fixed some problems with the RAM disk boot feature, first introduced in version 0.85.
- Added a cross-compiling toolchain to the build system, to reduce the fragility of relying on the host system’s compiler and associated programs, and fixed a number of warnings and errors that emerged from that.
- Updated the administration.conf files for German, Spanish, Russian, and Turkish.
- Updated sources and fixed some warnings and errors, when building with GCC versions 7 through 10.
- Added a kernel linker script, so that we have finer control over the layout of the kernel binary.
- Isolated architecture-dependent code and parameterized the build system with the architecture. For now, still just 32-bit x86.
- Renamed the floppy image file to include the word ‘floppy’.
- Factored some code in the BIOS OS loader and fixed some rounding errors.
- Added byte offsets to various structures described in <sys/elf.h>.
- Removed the unused kernel function kernelSysTimerWaitTicks().