Spanish keyboard

General discussion about Visopsys. We'll create more specific forums if the number of posts justifies that.
El_Matador
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:38 am

Spanish keyboard

Post by El_Matador » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:02 am

I am going to help with the keyboard mapping, I know how to edit it, and I will finish the corrections soon, but... I am using Visopsys on QEMU, how can I take the new file out of QEMU and send it to you?

I can't send you the file, but this are only the changes I have done, the rest of the keys are ok:

€¥ should be ñÑ, Regular code=241 | Shift code=209 | Alt Gr code=241 | Ctrl code=241

And this are the bugs I have found and couldn't correct:

When I try to type á é í ó ú or ä ë ï ö ü ÿ , Visopsys prints ´a ´e ´i ´o ´u and ¨a ¨e ¨i ¨o ¨u and the same occurs when I try to type â ê î ô û or à è ì ò ù or ã õ
++++++++++[>+++++++<-]>++.<+++[>++<-]>+.<++[>--<-]>+.<+++[>---<-]>--.

User avatar
espectalll123
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:58 pm
Location: Toledo, Spain
Contact:

Re: Spanish keyboard

Post by espectalll123 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:20 pm

OK, thanks for the info.

P.S.: Actually I'm less active with Visopsys, because I'm developing my own OS. That's not a matter... because you aren't active too! :D
espectalll123, making dreams work!

El_Matador
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:38 am

Re: Spanish keyboard

Post by El_Matador » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:06 pm

espectalll123 wrote:OK, thanks for the info.

P.S.: Actually I'm less active with Visopsys, because I'm developing my own OS. That's not a matter... because you aren't active too! :D
I am not active because I am not a developer, I can only provide ideas
++++++++++[>+++++++<-]>++.<+++[>++<-]>+.<++[>--<-]>+.<+++[>---<-]>--.

User avatar
espectalll123
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:58 pm
Location: Toledo, Spain
Contact:

Re: Spanish keyboard

Post by espectalll123 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:01 pm

I refered to you... in general (everybody).
espectalll123, making dreams work!

El_Matador
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:38 am

Re: Spanish keyboard

Post by El_Matador » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:49 pm

espectalll123 wrote:I refered to you... in general (everybody).
You are right, I login here everyday, and the only "registered users" are bots
++++++++++[>+++++++<-]>++.<+++[>++<-]>+.<++[>--<-]>+.<+++[>---<-]>--.

User avatar
andymc
Posts: 560
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:20 pm

Re: Spanish keyboard

Post by andymc » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:12 pm

El_Matador wrote:
espectalll123 wrote:I refered to you... in general (everybody).
You are right, I login here everyday, and the only "registered users" are bots
:oops: well, it's a new forum, so it needs more people like you guys, to help it start being more useful.

I appreciate the help with the keyboard mapping. It's OK to just send me those key codes if you can't access the keymap files you save. I'm not sure I understand this, though:
El_Matador wrote:When I try to type á é í ó ú or ä ë ï ö ü ÿ , Visopsys prints ´a ´e ´i ´o ´u and ¨a ¨e ¨i ¨o ¨u and the same occurs when I try to type â ê î ô û or à è ì ò ù or ã õ
Can you explain this more? Are you supposed to push any control/shift/alt keys when you type those accented letters? Sorry I haven't really used a Spanish keyboard very much. Do the correct characters appear on the little keyboard map image in the keymap editor?

El_Matador
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:38 am

Re: Spanish keyboard

Post by El_Matador » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:37 pm

1) I am not supposed to push any control/shift/alt key
2) you have to press the "accent" key, the accent is not printed in the screen, then you press a "a, e, i, o, or u" and you get the áccèntëd letter
If you don't understand, tell me and I will make a video
3) yes, the correct characters appear on the little keyboard map image in the keymap editor

These are the key codes for the accented letters, you have to press one of the following keys in a spanish keyboard: ´ ` ^ ¨ ~
then a letter, and you get:
Ÿ: 159
À: 192
Á: 193
Â: 194
Ã: 195
Ä: 196
È: 200
É: 201
Ê: 202
Ë: 203
Ì: 204
Í: 205
Î: 206
Ï: 207
Ò: 210
Ó: 211
Ô: 212
Õ: 213
Ö: 214
Ù: 217
Ú: 218
Û: 219
Ü: 220
Ý: 221
à: 224
á: 225
â: 226
ã: 227
ä: 228
è: 232
é: 233
ê: 234
ë: 235
ì: 236
í: 237
î: 238
ï: 239
ò: 242
ó: 243
ô: 244
õ: 245
ö: 246
ù: 249
ú: 250
û: 251
ü: 252
ý: 253
ÿ: 255
++++++++++[>+++++++<-]>++.<+++[>++<-]>+.<++[>--<-]>+.<+++[>---<-]>--.

User avatar
espectalll123
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:58 pm
Location: Toledo, Spain
Contact:

Re: Spanish keyboard

Post by espectalll123 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:15 pm

andymc wrote:
El_Matador wrote:When I try to type á é í ó ú or ä ë ï ö ü ÿ , Visopsys prints ´a ´e ´i ´o ´u and ¨a ¨e ¨i ¨o ¨u and the same occurs when I try to type â ê î ô û or à è ì ò ù or ã õ
Can you explain this more? Are you supposed to push any control/shift/alt keys when you type those accented letters? Sorry I haven't really used a Spanish keyboard very much. Do the correct characters appear on the little keyboard map image in the keymap editor?
Like El_Matador said, if you want to type "á", you need to type "´" and after "a". So, as Visopsys uses English symbols only, it types ´a, and not á. Did you understand, Andy? ;)
espectalll123, making dreams work!

User avatar
andymc
Posts: 560
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:20 pm

Re: Spanish keyboard

Post by andymc » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:27 am

Thanks for the clarification. Visopsys doesn't only use English symbols (if you can see the correct characters in the keymap program, then they're supported) but I'd never heard of doing these composite multi-key sequences to create individual characters. I thought they were all covered by shift- and alt- combinations.

So what happens if you want to type:

'andy'

Does that turn into ándy' ?

Do keyboards do this for other languages, also?

El_Matador
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:38 am

Re: Spanish keyboard

Post by El_Matador » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:54 pm

andymc wrote: So what happens if you want to type:

'andy'

Does that turn into ándy' ?

Do keyboards do this for other languages, also?
It depends, if ' is an apostrophe it doesn't turn into ándy, but if it is an accent it turns into ándy
the apostrophe is ' and accents are ´ `
Latin and Portuguese keyboards do that too.
Spanish (Spain), aka Spanish (International sort): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_l ... al_sort.29
Spanish (Latin America): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_l ... America.29
Portuguese (Brazil): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_l ... 8Brazil.29
Portuguese (Portugal): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_l ... ortugal.29
++++++++++[>+++++++<-]>++.<+++[>++<-]>+.<++[>--<-]>+.<+++[>---<-]>--.

Post Reply