Desktop Question

General discussion about Visopsys.
osmiumusa

Desktop Question

Post by osmiumusa »

Hiya,

What file is the actual desktop part of the kernel in?

Thank you

Osmiumusa
Lemons. :) Nobody doesn't like lemons!
andymc

Re: Desktop Question

Post by andymc »

Hmm, that answer is probably more complicated than what you were actually wanting to know.

The building blocks of the GUI are in the src/kernel/kernelWindow* files. The kernel thread that sets up the desktop and monitors GUI events, etc., is in kernelWindowThread.*. The config files that control some of what that thread does are in dist/system/config/. The GUI elements that are composites of the basic ones (file browsing widget, etc) are in src/lib/libwindow.

Hope that helps.
osmiumusa

Post by osmiumusa »

I guess what I'm really trying to ask is all about the top bar. I found the config file for it, I just cant trace the code to the actuall rendering of the bar. I assume its using the menu component?

Thank you :mrgreen:
andymc

Post by andymc »

osmiumusa wrote:I guess what I'm really trying to ask is all about the top bar. I found the config file for it, I just cant trace the code to the actuall rendering of the bar. I assume its using the menu component?

Thank you :mrgreen:
The generic code for menu bar components is in src/kernel/kernelWindowMenuBar.c, and the code that creates that particular menu bar (and other desktop elements) is in src/kernel/kernelWindowShell.c.

Hope that helps!

Andy
osmiumusa

Post by osmiumusa »

Thats great! One more question: where are all of the "debug_gui" messages logged? I would like to look at them to precisely see whats what at run time.