Visopsys/PartLogic won't start

General discussion about Visopsys.
andymc

Re: Visopsys/PartLogic won't start

Post by andymc »

(the loader code is generated the same way as all the other versions you've tried; only the kernel/libraries/programs - the stuff that runs after the kernel starts - were generated with the i386 code)
MagnumX

Post by MagnumX »

odd. it was one of the floppys that i had used to for the first specs test. i even cleared it out first. ill try again with an unused one
MagnumX

Post by MagnumX »

tried a second floppy and still got the media error. tried a third floppy however it produced the same results as the very first attempt: as soon as the loading bar finishes the computer reboots and no error warnings.
andymc

Post by andymc »

Sorry MagnumX, but I think I'm just about out of ideas, for that system of yours. I don't think I've received any other reports about behaviour like this, and without access to the hardware, I don't think I can debug this effectively.

It just doesn't seem to like the code at all, for some reason. I can only suppose that there's some particular of the paging, descriptors, or memory management that's tripping me up there, but without being able to debug it step-by-step, I don't think I can offer a solution.

Thanks so much for trying to help, though! Sorry I couldn't give you any better answer. :(
MagnumX

Post by MagnumX »

Thank you for all the help you gave me trying to get software to run on a ~12 year old system. I appreciate all the attention you gave this.

Also check out my hand its really pale and white: :hand: