Hello!

General discussion about Visopsys.
fosforito

Hello!

Post by fosforito »

Hi Andy and all the other Visopsys-fans!

Today y searched for new updates of Visopsys and I've seen that v0.72 is available. It works perfectly on my PC with VMWare! V0.71 doesn't work for me - I don't know why...

I really would like to help extending and making better this great project! I know the basics of C,C++ and Basic but I don't understand nothing (for now) of Assembler...

Other things I know are programming Websites with PHP and MySQL and translating - I'm German and I know Spanish (...and English...).
andymc

Re: Hello!

Post by andymc »

Hi there fosforito, welcome aboard :romance-grouphug:

Is there an area of applications programming that interests you? Visopsys doesn't have many programs yet, so there are a lot of things that you could choose. The user nextvolume has just submitted a calculator program, for example.

Aside from the boot loader, and a few specialized operations, everything here is done in C, so far.
(of course, the Visopsys.org website could do with a face-lift as well).

We actually have internationalization infrastructure programmed into a lot of things, and a German translation for a lot of the strings, though I believe it's incomplete... I could hand that stuff over to you to play with, if you're interested.

Andy
fosforito

Post by fosforito »

Hello Andy.

If you like, I'll make first a new design for the visopsys homepage - the actual design is not really sexy... :D Then I can translate to spanish and german and then I can make more programs or extend existing ones.

Sorry if I don't write very goog English...

8-)
andymc

Post by andymc »

fosforito wrote:If you like, I'll make first a new design for the visopsys homepage - the actual design is not really sexy... :D
Ha, yeah, not too sexy. As you can tell, web programming is not my forte. My only request would be that I can update the content fairly easily, without needing too-fancy tools. At the moment, it's a bit of PHP that loads the content from bare-bones HTML files (which I edit with Frontpage 2002! :oops:)
fosforito wrote:Then I can translate to spanish and german and then I can make more programs or extend existing ones.
That all sounds great :happy-cheerleadersmileyguy:
fosforito

Post by fosforito »

Hi Andy,

What about a new style for the forum too?
I found on this page a good style:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/digital/demo/
And why there are all the time the debug infos on the top of the forum? ;)
The style for the homepage will be ready in a week maybe...

:whistle:
andymc

Post by andymc »

fosforito wrote:What about a new style for the forum too?
I found on this page a good style:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/digital/demo/
Sure, I have no objections to changing the style. I just spend most of my available time coding the OS, and I find PhpBB a bit confusing :D
fosforito wrote:And why there are all the time the debug infos on the top of the forum? ;)
Only because I don't know how to fix it! :oops: